How did Zenutrients start?
- The brand began in 2007 as ZEN, as then-creator & his family suffered from skin asthma and psoriasis. He wanted a healthy, natural skin care alternative and found that using Virgin Coconut Oil worked for his family.
- ZEN began by bottling & selling Virgin Coconut Oil, which rapidly expanded to related lines: soaps, massage oils, lotions, shampoos & the like.
How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
- Honest, yummy, pure products! Every item we make is alive with nature’s colors that feel just as good as they look!
Why should I use Zenutrients?
- Skin is the body’s largest organ and what you put on your skin soaks in, so it only makes sense to go as natural as you can with skin & hair care products you use.
MANUFACTURING & INGREDIENTS
Where is Zenutrients made?
- All Zenutrients products are handcrafted by us at our production site in Manila, at 6 Dona Irenia St., Ireneville 1 Subdivision, BF Homes, Paranaque City.
Are Zenutrients products cruelty-free? What about vegan? Safe for pregnant women and children?
- All Zenutrients products are cruelty-free, we do not test on any animals (ever!).
- Generally, all our products are vegan, with the exception of products that contain milk (such as the Goat’s Milk Butter).
- Which means yes, all our products are vegetarian.
- All our products are also safe for use by pregnant women, but of course we suggest showing your doctor our products should you want to make sure.
- Our products are safe for children, but we suggest double checking with your doctor on products that contain peppermint for infants.
- If you’re unsure, we also suggest heading to any of our outlets, using the tester to do a patch test. Apply the product on a small area on the inside of your arm and observe for 20-30 minutes for any reactions.
What ingredients does Zenutrients use?
- We use a lot of ingredients as we have hundreds of products! So if you want to know more, all our products do have the ingredient list on the back label. We do tend to use a lot of Virgin Coconut Oil / Coconut Oil and various Essential Oils across most of our product ranges.
What are the benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil?
- Coconut oil is a wonderful superfood for skin & hair. It can be ingested or applied topically. Coconut oil’s antioxidant effects can help protect against free radicals—its loaded with Vitamin E & lauric acid —so it heals and repair damaged skin and hair. The medium-chain fatty acids are also easily absorbed, can strengthen connective tissue and help with exfoliation.
- It’s the perfect all-over moisturizer – you can apply onto ends for dry hair, onto skin after showering, even directly on rashes, eczema and psoriasis.
What are the benefits of essential oils?
- Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to heal and improve physical & mental health for thousands of years. Many essential oils can be applied topically to ease inflammation and alleviate pain.
- While others have antiseptic and antifungal properties are also used to disinfect and heal cuts, abrasions and other wounds and skin conditions. Yet others are used for soothing & treating tight muscles and increasing circulation.
Where can I buy Zenutrients?
- For the full list of our stockists & distributors, please visit here.
I want to become a reseller / distributor! What do I do?
- If you’re interested in our reseller program, or maybe you have a store, or a spa, you may email us at email@example.com.
What discounts do you offer?
- Please watch for our alerts on our website, Facebook & Twitter for promotions.
Do you have corporate gift sets?
- You can contact us directly should you wish to have special gift sets made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have sets made for hotel, spa & salon owners like me?
- Yes we do. Please contact us directly at email@example.com so we can share our hotel & spa catalog with you
Where is Zenutrients located?
- We’re located at 6 Dona Irenia St., Ireneville 1 Subdivision, BF Homes, Paranaque City.
I’m interested in featuring Zenutrients! Who do I get in touch with?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate with you.
Can we refill our Zenutrients products or return empty bottles and jars to stores for a discount?
- FDA in general doesn’t allow most companies to refill personal care products due to safety issues (pls imagine how often you open & close a product, expose ingredients etc). When we fill, everything is sanitized - from ingredient to bottle, to ensure the safety & cleanliness of your product. Unilever is the first company that’s able to legally do so & please know we are also appealing to FDA too.
- For collection of used bottles & plastic (ours or not), this comes down to what is truly green. Factoring in space to collect, pick up, clean, sterilize, gas, transport & the manpower; it is green negative for now. But we can collect individually at home. You can donate via ecobricks to The Plastic Solution, or to Green Antz builders that uses it in hollow blocks or to ikot.ph and Winder Recycling that turns it into chairs. Apologies for the lengthy response, we hope to be able to offer new solutions in the future soon.
- How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
We are a locally produced, 100% Filipino brand. We manage the brand from end to end, from sourcing, to production and to retail. Other than that, we are unique because we make really delicious, great-to-use products that truly work. Zenutrients products have a “yummy” quality to them, and we always want to make your in-use experience as delicious as possible.
- What is the difference between natural and organic?
This refers to the source ingredient and how it was grown. So for example – an apple is, of course, natural. If the apple is grown on a farm that uses zero chemicals, using an agreed set of standards on what makes a farm organic (farming practices, production methods, sustainable) then it also becomes an ORGANICALLY GROWN apple.
- Why do product color and consistency vary, even with the same product?
All our products are made with natural and sometimes even raw ingredients, dry ingredients, oils and extracts. There will be inconsistencies and differences – because that’s only natural. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. This only means we are trying to give you the ingredients in their most natural, untouched state. Which to us, also means a better quality product.
- Are your products safe for pregnant women and children?
Yes, all our products are safe for women and children. For infants and newborns, we would suggest avoiding items with mint, such as the Muscle Balm and Eucalyptus & Peppermint Massage Oil. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. For any age: always do a patch test by applying small amount on inside of arm, watch for reactions for 30 mins to 1 hour. If there are no reactions, product is safe to apply.
- Do your products contain parabens?
All Zenutrients products are paraben free. Parabens are the most widely used preservatives in personal care products; they stop fungus, bacteria and other microbes from growing in your favorite creams and makeup, especially in the moist, warm environment of a bathroom. Their names are a mouthful – methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben and isobutylparaben. People believe there may be links to the presence of parabens and cancer, although there is no direct evidence as of the moment.
- Are your products FDA approved?
Yes we have an FDA License to Operate and Product FDA approval as well.
- Are your repellants DEET free?
Yes; all are DEET free.
- Are your repellants safe for childen?
Yes, but for newborns and infants under 6 months of age, best to consult with your doctor before using.
- Are your repellants safe for cats and dogs?
All are safe for dogs. Do not use the citronella repellants on cats.
SPA & WELLNESS
- What is the difference between the Single Blends, Regular Blends and Special Blends?
Single Blend: lower dose essential oil + coconut oil.
Regular Blend: more complex mix of essential oils + coconut oil.
Special Blend: higher doses of essential oils + coconut oil.
All oils are great for massages, as after shower oils, post workout too, so it’s really a matter of preference.
- Why do the oils solidify?
Our massage oils all contain coconut oil, which tends to solidify in cooler temperatures. This is a normal characteristic of coconut oil (in fact, it would be weird if it didn’t solidify!). Just leave in a warm area or put the bottle in a cup of hot water to melt.
- Is your VCO Food Supplement Cold Press or Hot press? What’s the difference?
It is cold pressed. During cold pressing, the oil from the coconut meat is mechanically pressed at temperatures not exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit, to preserve its health benefits. Pure cold-pressed coconut oil is also not refined, processed or deodorized.
- Is your argan oil edible?
Yes, both the Argan and the pure Virgin Coconut Oil are edible.
- Is camphor safe?
Camphor essential oil has many benefits: it boosts the circulatory system, antiseptic, decongestant, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant. It is safe, but of course you shouldn’t ingest it.
- Why is ginger not suitable for people with high blood pressure?
Because it helps blood circulation, ginger isn’t recommended for high blood pressure only because it may lead to hypertension. There are no documented cases of hypertention from massaging ginger oil, but best to be safe and be careful.
- What is the difference between the Ginger Oil in pump and Ginger Massage Oil?
The difference is in the dosage. Ginger massage oil has a lower concentration of Ginger, as it is meant to spread all over the body.
- What is the origin of Epsom Salts? What are Epsom Salts made up of? What is the difference between Epsom salts and Bath Salts?
Epsom Salts are mainly made of Magnesium Sulfate. It is entirely different from regular salt, which is made of sodium chloride. It isn’t actually a “salt” – it is a pure mineral compound of magnesium sulfate in crystal form, it looks like salt, but it has no sodium chloride. They’re called Epsom Salts because they originated from Epsom, England, where it was discovered.
Bath salts may contain other ingredients as part of a proprietary blend, so it could have Epsom, it could have regular salt, it could have Himalayan salt, it does not necessarily have Epsom salt as part of their ingredients. Best to read ingredients of bath salts to check what’s really inside it. Zenutrients only has Epsom Salts.
- What can the Magnesium Sulfate of Epsom Salts do?
Magnesium is crucial to healthy cell functioning in our bodies, and helps to regulate more than 325 enzymes. Symptoms of mineral deficiency include headaches, backaches, neck pain and muscle discomfort.
Sulfate, or sulfur, is found in literally every cell in the human body and has a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing overall health. Sulfur is essential for the health of skin, nails, and hair, and is crucial for the production of collagen. It also has been shown to purify and condition the body, and has detoxifying properties.
Deficiency in sulfur may lead to full body exhaustion and lethargy.
- Is it safe to use burner oils on Humidifier?
It is safe, but we suggest not to, our burner oils are meant for well – burning. Most humidifiers may clog with the coconut oil in the burner oils.
- Where did Gugo bark come from?
It is a large woody vine that climbs in the forest canopy. It commonly grows wild in lowland forests near the sea or places that has mild to tropical climates. It can also be found in Africa, other Asian countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and in the Pacific islands.
- Do you make shampoo and conditioner in one?
No, because shampoos are meant to clean (and as such remove stuff, like dirt from hair); while conditioners are meant to moisturize (and so “stay” in hair). Since they have opposing functions, we don’t want to dilute the shampoo for being a conditioner too, and so we don’t make shampoo and conditoner in one.
- At what age should we start exfoliating and start using moisturizing creams?
As exfoliation can help treat breakouts, and we all know that teenagers are prone to breakouts, think best in your early teens (13-15 years old). Just don’t go overboard. When you’re first starting out, exfoliating two times a week is enough. You can always increase frequency later on, if your skin can tolerate it. Unless you have sensitive skin, then, once a week will do. For moisturizing, it can also start in your early teens, but may be best to use lighter moisturizers, unless skin is very dry then a heavier moisturizer is workable.
- Can we keep moisturizing creams in the fridge?
- What’s the difference between opaque and glycerine soap?
Main Ingredient. All opaque soaps have a coconut oil base, while all glycerine soaps have a vegetable glycerine base.
- What’s the difference between Soothing Eye Cream and Ginger Eye Cream?
Ingredients. Ginger Eye Cream is made with Coconut Oil and Ginger. Coconut oil is a natural way to treat wrinkles. Free radicals are one of the main causes of pre-mature ageing of skin. The antioxidant property of coconut oil helps remove free radicals, thus slowing down the ageing process. Coconut oil also helps in lifting dry skin, which can be a cause of wrinkles. The addition of Ginger provides an immediate tightening effect. Specifically developed to support the integrity of the skin around the eye, it increases blood flow to help reduce puffiness, increase elasticity and diminish inflammation.
- What’s the difference between Lotion and Body Butter? But why is that your lotions seem to be more concentrated than your body butter?
When we say butter, it is more concentrated than lotion. The pure range of lotions (Pure Light, Fresh Start, Argan, Delicious) are heavier in feel compared to the butters. But the butters are heavier than our regular blend lotion.
- How many months does it take to see results from using whitening / lightening products? Is it okay to be exposed from sunlight?
We can’t put a time frame as it also depends on the person’s genetics, lifestyle and habits. Yes okay to be exposed to sunlight, but of course it may take longer to see lightening effects if there’s constant sun exposure.